Hormones are an essential part of the body’s messaging system. The control growth, moods, body hair, and much more. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) uses replicas of hormones that your body makes. They are built the same as natural hormones that the body makes and can be of great help to those with hormone imbalances. These imbalances can make day-to-day life difficult because of the amount or signals that rely on them.
The Different Hormones
- Testosterone – The primary sex hormone for males. It’s needed to maintain general health and sexual performance. Low levels of testosterone in men can cause fatigue, cardiovascular disease, increased irritability, and aggression. In both men and women, hormone levels begin to drop significantly after the age of 30. As hormone levels drop, the inability to sleep may become more prominent.
- Estrogen – It’s a vital hormone for every female as it’s responsible for female characteristics and sexual functions. It’s also present in men at a significantly lower level. An imbalance of estrogen in women can result in a lower sex drive, mood swings, increased health risks, and loose skin.
- Progesterone – Primarily responsible for ovulation and menstruation, progesterone is important to the body. Imbalances of this hormone can lead to insomnia, mood changes, weight gain and more.
- DHEA – is the body’s most abundant circulating hormone. Research has shown that DHEA production peaks by age 25 and drops dramatically each year thereafter. DHEA can increase your testosterone levels, restore muscle mass, improve body fat ratio, improve memory, boost the immune system, and also used in combating auto-immune disorders, obesity, senile dementia, osteoporosis, chronic fatigue syndrome, and depression.
- HGH (Human Growth Hormone) – HGH does the following within the body: helps in tissue repair, helps in cellular re-growth, helps with the healing capacity of the body, helps with the upkeep and maintenance of organ function, maintains brain and memory function, and stabilizes, normalizes and balances enzyme production. It revitalizes hair, nails and skin so they will not diminish with age.
Parker Wellness Centers in Plano, Texas offers Hormone Therapy for patients to recover quickly and begin healing. Our priority is our patient’s general wellbeing and overall health. At Parker Wellness Centers, you will receive quality care, with a professional experience. If you’re thinking Hormone Therapy, Parker Wellness Centers is here for you! Call us today to schedule your appointment and start your journey to feeling better!